I am happy to report that my danish is indeed coming along! I am still far from calling myself evenly remotely competent at it but I am quite happy with the progress I have made in the last week! I am finding it quite manageable to spend about 10-15min on it a day and complete a few lessons in that time. It helps that duolingo reminds me to keep my learning going daily as life is pretty busy these days! All in all though I am enjoying learning it and progressing through the lessons! I accomplished much more than I thought I would this week which makes me excited for the progress I can make moving forward!

As you can see I have “mastered” the following lessons:

• Basics 1
  • Basics 2
  • Phrases
  • Food
  • Animals

I am currently working on:

• Definites
  • Plurals
  • Genetive

I am excited to move beyond the vocabulary a bit and learn a bit about the grammar and mechanics of the language in terms of reading and writing. It is becoming clear to me that at some point I am going to have to start speaking and listening to danish a bit more so stay tuned for what that might look like! In the meantime I am going to continue to work on the developing using duolingo as it is working well for me right now!

In going with my theme of ridiculous phrases I had to translate for the week this one made me laugh pretty hard! I suppose hydration is important for all!

Until next time! Farvel!